Wednesday, December 05, 2007

lame

I woke up this morning to see a pristine street - free of snow, free of trash, and free of cars.

Free of my car.

Which had, as of last night, been parked there.

It turns out that when there is a "weather emergency", you can't be parked in the street from 12 to 6 am. It is your responsibility to know when there is a weather emergency. I don't get a local paper or watch tv, so I was not aware of all this. Consequence: my car has apparently been towed.

Whee.

2 comments:

See-Dub said...

That IS lame! When you retrieve your car, think they'll have a discount for native Texans who grew up seeing snow once every year or so?

Utopian Yuri said...

you can sign up for emergency alerts from the city. most of the time, they will not send you misleading e-mails telling you the emergency is over when it's not.